The Bulleen Templestowe Basketball Club is looking for a highly motivated individual who loves basketball and working with children and the local community. We are looking for a fun and energetic person to join the Boomers team as our new Community Coordinator.
In the role of Community Coordinator, your primary focus will be to support the Director of Coaching Talent Development in the delivery of all Bulleen Boomers Community Programs. This includes a strong focus on assisting in the creation and implementation of innovative strategies that support junior basketball participation.
A crucial area of this will be the growth of key Bulleen Junior Basketball programs in our local community. Involvement in all Bulleen game development projects, generating positive growth outcomes of inclusiveness, Aussie Hoops, Sporting Schools and Development Pathway programs including Primary School and Junior Domestic (EDJBA).
The successful candidate conjunction with the relevant program convenor, will be responsible for the following Junior Boomers development programs:
- Baby Boomers
- Aussie Hoops
- Mini Ball
- Primary School Competition
- Boomers Community programs
- All Abilities
- Auseome Hoops
- Walking Basketball
- Intro to Basketball
- Sporting Schools Program
To be successful in this role you will have the following experience:
- A great communicator with both children and parents
- Previous experience in establishing Community based program.
- Experience implementing project/program coordination, diversity and inclusion programs, practices and processes within sport.
- Ability to establish rapport and creditability with organisations across the public and private sectors.
- Confident working with children from 3 years of age to 14 years of age.
- Reliable and take pride in your work and be able to follow set lesson plans as supplied by the Bulleen Boomers Director of Coaching
- A strong understanding of community sport with the ability to build and manage relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills with high attention to detail and influencing and negotiating skills.
- Highly organised with the ability to be self-motivated, responsive, and flexible in an environment with time pressures and multiple priorities.
- The ability to reflect and identify opportunities for improvement in the program.
- The ability to work cooperatively and positively within a team environment.
- Excellent public speaking, facilitation, organisation, and analytical skills.
- Strong administration skills.
- Intermediate computer skills.
This role will be based in Bulleen but will involve travel around Victoria and may include some nights and weekend work, employees will be reimbursed for travel expenses.
Bulleen Templestowe Basketball Club recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment, and we encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics.
- National Police / Criminal History Check
- Working with Children / Working with Vulnerable People Check
- Drivers Licence
To be considered for this role please submit your resume along with a Cover letter to the Director of Coaching Talent Development, Bulleen Templestowe Basketball Club. For further information regarding this role please email email@example.com. Applications close COB May 27th, 2022.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory proof of eligibility to work in Australia, reference checks, a police check and a Working with Children Check. All applicants must have a current Victorian Driver’s License.
Due to high degree of interest in this role, only those who are shortlisted for interview, will be contacted.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
Director of Coaching Talent Development
Bulleen Templestowe Basketball Club