EDJBA Winter 2022
Welcome to the Bulleen Boomers Junior Domestic program. The Bulleen Boomers is the 2nd largest club within the EDJBA and we pride ourselves on providing a strong competition for your children to participate in. AGE GROUP BREAKDOWN Winter 2022. All enquiries to our Convenor, Sue Scott: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date of Birth:
2013 – 2016
2009 – 2010
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION FEES (from 06/02/2022 to 01/03/2022) – $279
STANDARD REGISTRATION FEES (from 22/02//2022 to 28/02//2022) – $314
LATE REGISTRATION FEES (from 01/03//2021) – $344
Discount for 2nd, 3rd child etc 5% Please note no guarantee of team placement for registrations from 1st March, players will be allocated if we have spots available which will be limited.
REGISTRATION PROCESS Registrations are via the Basketball Victoria PlayHQ system. It is important that when registering that you first set up a PlayHQ account as a parent, you will then register your children as dependents under your own account. Please use an email that you will likely have long term (as in a personal one and not work or education), you will need this to log in to your account in the future. You are also able to add an additional parent to each child’s account if you wish. If a PlayHQ Profile Account has already been set up for registration for previous season or to another basketball competition (e.g., Primary School basketball or a senior domestic competition) then the same PlayHQ Profile Account should be used for this and all other registrations using PlayHQ.
Please register by Monday 21st February to get the early bird rate, standard registration from the 22nd February applies and closes on Monday 28th February Payments can be made via Visa or Mastercard. Please also note there will be a Basketball Victoria Player Licence fee which is a separate annual fee that BV now collect of $26 for players 17 and under and $40 for 18 and over, this covers their insurance and membership to BV for 12 months. This fee covers all competitions so if you have already paid it through Championship or Primary school you will not have to pay again unless it falls due before the end of season. If wanting to be considered to play up an age group, you must note this on your registration form and reason why otherwise you will be placed into age group according to your age.
Please note this will be subject to approval of the JD Committee and dependant of available places in the higher age group.
Please note It is not recommended that U09 players play up an age group and will only be approved under special circumstances. All players age wise U09 will be placed into the U09 age group unless they have had approval by the JD Committee to play up an age group.
All players 18years and over must be double vaccinated.
Coaches, team managers and all spectators 18 years and over must also be double vaccinated.
If wanting to play with friend/s all players need to request it on their registration forms. They also need to be available for training and game times at the same time. Teams consisting of friends will need to supply their own coach.
Friendship requests need to be reciprocated otherwise no guarantee you will placed together. You may not get all friends you list but we will try and place with at, least one friend.
Once teams have been published it is unethical and unacceptable for any coach, player, parent, or other person acting on their behalf to encourage a player to change to a different team or ask the age coordinator or JD Convenor to change another player. All requests must come from the family concerned to the relevant convenor.
All late registrations will not accommodate any requests for training, friendship requests & game day availability.
CUSTOM TEAMS – Only for Age groups U15 and Upwards
• If you would like to be considered as a custom team and only for U15 and up (minimum of 7 players preferably 8 no exceptions within the same age group) you will need to note this on the registration form.
• You will also need to have your own designated coach and team manager. The coach needs to fill out the ‘Intention to Coach’ form (available under Junior Domestic – EDJBA Forms tab).
• Please check all players date of births to see they all fall into the same age group.
• All players need to reciprocate otherwise no guarantee they will be placed together.
• All players in custom teams need to register before the cut-off date.
• Training and game day availability will be determined based on the coach’s availability and requests from individual players will not be considered for custom /friendship teams.
• The club has the option to add an eighth player if needed. If all listed players are not registered by cut-off date the club will add players to make up numbers.
• Teams will not be juggled to accommodate late registrations.
No exceptions PLEASE NOTE: ADJUSTMENTS TO TEAMS CAN BE MADE THROUGHOUT THE GRADING PHASE BY THE JD COMMITTEE IN THE (First 6 rounds) DUE TO PLAYER WITHDRAWALS, BALANCING TEAM NUMBERS OR INCORRECT GRADING OF PLAYERS. ANY CHANGES ARE AT THE ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE JD COMMITTEEE AND/OR JD CONVENOR PLAYING TIMES & VENUES Games are played on Saturdays and start at 8:30 am, with the last game at around 8:10pm. In general terms, the younger the age group, the earlier in the day games are held. The U18 to U21 age groups are expected to be available for games after 5.40pm and including the 7:20pm to 9:00pm game times. Approximately half your games will be home games (e.g., Sheahans Rd, TLC and EDSC and half away games.
• Teams are allocated a 45-minute training session per week on a Monday to Thursday night between 4:30pm and 9:00pm
• At least 2 nights training availability need to be listed on registration form. Every endeavour to facilitate training request will be made, however they are not guaranteed.
• The day and time of training is designed to fit in with the availability of the coach and where possible, players.
When refunds will be considered
Refunds will only be made in exceptional circumstances at the discretion of the Club Committee. Such circumstances may include: • Player illness or injury that means the player cannot play for at least six (6) consecutive games. A medical certificate will be required. • Withdrawals after first 5 rounds (including grading rounds) for medical reasons will not be subject to a refund.
• Relocation of a player or the players family more than 20 km from the Sheahans Road Stadium. • a $50 administration fee will apply for all refunds. Plus, game fees for any games already played will be deducted.
When refunds will not be considered
Registration of a player is a commitment to playing the entire season to which the registration applies. Withdrawal of a player after registration can impact team structure, venue planning, coaching, and grading. Players who cannot commit to the season should not register.
Specifically (and without limitations), refunds are not offered for:
• Change of mind
• Disapproval of the team to which a player is allocated
• Disapproval of the team number or grade
• Inability to train at the allocated time or venue
• Conflicting commitments
• Basketball Victoria or EDJBA sanctions being imposed on the player, parent, or associate COACHES
All our coaches are volunteers – generally former and current players, parents, or older siblings. The club is always looking for coaches if you would like to coach, please fill out the intention to coach form (available under Junior Domestic – EDJBA Forms tab) or email email@example.com
Players will not be placed in a team or places held unless registration is paid. (no exceptions)
All players in the U16, U18 and U21 age group are expected to be available for games from 5:40pm onwards. The EDJBA competition expects that you will be fixtured late games (i.e., 7:20pm to 9:00pm) for less than 50% of your games in one season.
All players in the U08 and U12 age groups are expected to be available for most game times from 8:30am to 4 pm
Although game time requests can be made on the registration form with a valid reason listed, the Club will use these as a guide only and will make every endeavour to facilitate these requests, however, please note they are not guaranteed. If you are available all day you must list all day. Putting restrictions on your training availability or game times severely limits the teams for which a player can be chosen. Often players are selected at a lower level because only lower-level teams’ training times or game times suit them. We Welcome your assistance You can assist as coach, team manager, age coordinator, sponsor, holiday camps, Aussie Hoops etc.