April 27th, 2022
Are you a highly motivated and experienced Basketball Coach who loves working with coaches and athletes? Do you have previous experience working within a High-Performance sporting organisation? Do you enjoy working as part of a team? If so, you may be exactly what we are looking for to be part of the Bulleen Templestowe Basketball Club.
In the role of Assistant Director of coaching, your primary focus will be on the delivery of a series of pathway programs designed to enhance and improve the skills and attributes of our players, coaches, and officials to enable them to achieve their desired pathway goals.
You will work alongside a strong team to create and implement best in class initiatives and strategies that support and extend to all levels of basketball participation. A crucial area of this will be the growth and ongoing success of key Bulleen Junior & Senior Championship programs as well as a development focus across our Junior Domestic coaches and players.
At Bulleen we are looking for a highly skilled and well experienced coaching professional, with a desire to be an instrumental lead in the delivery of our Junior and Senior programs.
To be successful in this role you will have the following experience:
- Proven experience in Elite Level Basketball Coaching
- State or National coaching experience (Desirable but not essential)
- A great communicator with both children and parents
- Ability to establish rapport and creditability with organisations across the public and private sectors.
- A strong understanding of community sport with the ability to build and manage relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills with high attention to detail and influencing and negotiating skills.
- Highly organised with the ability to be self-motivated, responsive, and flexible in an environment with time pressures and multiple priorities.
- The ability to reflect and identify opportunities for improvement in the program.
- The ability to work cooperatively and positively within a team environment.
- Excellent public speaking, facilitation, organisation, and analytical skills.
- Strong administration skills.
- Intermediate computer skills.
This role will be based in Bulleen but will involve travel around Victoria and will include nights and weekend work, employees will be reimbursed for travel expenses.
Bulleen Templestowe Basketball Club recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment, and we encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics.
- Level 2 Coaching Accreditation
- National Police / Criminal History Check
- Working with Children / Working with Vulnerable People Check
- Drivers License
To be considered for this role please submit your resume along with a Cover letter to the Director of Coaching Talent Development, Bulleen Templestowe Basketball Club. For further information regarding this role please email email@example.com. Applications close COB May 13th, 2022.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory proof of eligibility to work in Australia, reference checks, a police check and a Working with Children Check. All applicants must have a current Victorian Driver’s License.
Due to high degree of interest in this role, only those who are shortlisted for interview, will be contacted.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
Director of Coaching Talent Development
Bulleen Templestowe Basketball Club