New role open May 2021
Posted on Thursday 29th April, 2021
Announcement: New role opportunity – Coaching & Community Co-Ordinator – Bulleen Boomers 30hrs per week.
A Great opportunity for an experienced Basketball Coach with a love and desire for being party of a Community Program. Work with one of Australia’s top Sporting Clubs and be party of shaping an exciting new Community Basketball initiative.
Are you a highly motivated and experienced Basketball Coach who loves working in the Community?
Do you have previous experience working within a High-Performance sporting organisation?
Do you enjoy working as part of a team?
If so, you may be exactly what we are looking for to be part of the Bulleen Templestowe Basketball Club.
In the role of Coaching & Community Co-Ordinator, your primary focus will be to support the Coaching & Community Development Manager in the delivery of all community programs, as well as player, coach, and referee development.
This includes a strong focus on assisting in the creation and implementation of innovative strategies that support and extend to all levels of basketball participation.
A crucial area of this will be the growth of key Bulleen Junior Basketball programs in our local community. Involvement in all Bulleen game development projects, generating positive growth outcomes of inclusiveness, Aussie Hoops, Sporting Schools/Primary Schools and Development Pathway programs including Primary School, Junior Domestic (EDJBA), Junior Representative (VJBL) and Senior Championship (BIG V).
To be successful in this role you will have the following experience:
* Proven experience in Elite Level Basketball Coaching
* A great communicator with both children and parents
* Previous experience in establishing Community based program
* Experience implementing project/program coordination, diversity and inclusion programs, practices and processes within sport
* Ability to establish rapport and creditability with organisations across the public and private sectors
* Confident working with children from 3 years of age to 19 years of age
* Reliable and take pride in your work and be able to follow set lesson plans as supplied by the Bulleen Boomers Director of Coaching
* A strong understanding of community sport with the ability to build and manage relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
* Highly developed written and verbal communication skills with high attention to detail and influencing and negotiating skills
* Highly organised with the ability to be self-motivated, responsive, and flexible in an environment with time pressures and multiple priorities
* The ability to reflect and identify opportunities for improvement in the program
* The ability to work cooperatively and positively within a team environment
* Excellent public speaking, facilitation, organisation, and analytical skills
* Strong administration skills
* Intermediate computer skills
To be considered for this role please submit your resume along with a Cover letter to the General Manager Bulleen Templestowe Basketball Club.
For further information regarding this role please email:
Applications close COB May 12th, 2021.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory proof of eligibility to work in Australia, reference checks, a police check and a Working with Children Check. All applicants must have a current Victorian Driver’s Licence.
This role will be based in Bulleen but will involve travel around Victoria and may include some nights and weekend work, employees will be reimbursed for travel expenses.
Bulleen Templestowe Basketball Club recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment and we encourage applications from diverse candidates.
Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics.
Stay safe and be well!